Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Working at 4:00am

With everyone grounded, a lot of events that we had planned to attend got moved to online virtual events. And while I really don't mind at all, they still take place during the local time, which means that for the Central Asia fair happening this morning, it's actually 3:00am-7:00am California time. Yikes.

So, inbetween texting away and the presentation I have to give in 45 minutes, I'm trying to keep myself awake and what better time to show off all the cute animal photos I took this weekend. We decided to take Anana to the nearby (manmade) lake for a walk, and all the animals! Mostly the baby animals, but still.

Look at all the ducklings!! There were 10!





It was a pretty nice sunset

I just loved watching them fish and the way their little butts go straight up in the air

After the lake, AJ and I took a mini-trek to the nearest Dairy Queen because we wanted to try the cotton candy blizzards, but the line was out the door - way out the door! WTF! But next door was a Which Wich and I always loved their banana shakes. So I sent AJ in but he texted me they no longer did banana shakes but not to worry. He came back out with mind-blowing birthday cake shakes. Ermergerd. SER GOOD!

Oh and then there was the fun event on Friday night when I was catching up with a friend on the phone and in the middle of it Khaleesi decides to bring in a (live) baby rat.



They don't scare me, but I certainly don't want a feral, outdoor one in my home to potentially bite me and give me rabies and Lord knows what else. She dropped it on the couch and it started going wild running around everywhere, but Khaleesi was really good on staying on top of it. Once she caught it again, me and Anana started coming after her, so she ran back outside with it. I followed her and when she set it down, I picked her up by the scruff of her neck and let the rat run away. The poor thing was trying desperate to jump up our small wall and kept missing. It finally caught the side and ran up into our planter and up a tree. Khaleesi went nuts and wouldn't take her eyes off it. When it was safely away I let her go, and then she waited below guarding that tree for another half hour ha. What is with her lately?!

Here's her in normal attitude:

(This was my mom on FaceTime talking to her and she couldn't care less...)


Lastly, I finally decided to see what all the fuss was about when it came to Animal Crossing on the Nintendo Switch. I mean, I'm holed up at home and what the heck else am I doing? Well, as you can imagine, I got addicted and I just love it! It is so soothing and the sound effects are all just so calming.

My favorite part is how you keep most stuff in your pocket. And you sell things you find on the island, like shells and bugs and fish. But it's so disgusting to me how, after you catch a fish, if you want to keep it to do something with it later (sell, donate to the museum or display in an aquarium somewhere) you just put it right in your pocket LOL. I took this video to show to Kathleen:

Nasty!

So, that is my life lately. My presentation is coming up soon so I better skidaddle. I don't mind being up at this hour, but it's really going to suck trying to sleep during the day with the hot weather coming (hottest day of the week today) and all the gross dry air! Hopefully that crazy wind from yesterday is done. It was scaring Khaleesi the way it caused mini tornadoes with all the leaves in our backyard. Isn't this supposed to be weather for the fall...?

No comments:

Post a Comment