Friday, June 12, 2020

Wedding Soundtrack

I was enjoying my own mixtape yesterday while I was on the treadmill, aka, putting all my music on shuffle, and Tom Petty's "Here Comes My Girl" came on. I just love that song so much.

I don't for a second expect that people picked up on all the small details that went into our wedding, but it makes me happy to remember them. "Here Comes My Girl" was the reception entrance song when everyone was being introduced into the dinner. And I feel like that song was so perfect.

And for the hell of it, here were the songs that we picked for all the big wedding events. There really was a lot of thought and meaning put into each one!

Wedding Party Processional: When Ginny Kissed Harry (Nicholas Hooper: Harry Potter Soundtrack)
Bride Entrance: Apotheosis (Tchaikovsky's Sleeping Beauty)
Recessional: The Way You Make Me Feel (Michael Jackson)
Wedding Party Reception Entrance: Here Comes My Girl (Tom Petty)
First Dance: Stand By Me (Florence + the Machine)
Mother/Groom Dance: Forever Young (Rod Stewart)
Wedding Cake Cutting: Started From The Bottom (Drake)
Bouquet Toss: Let's Get Married (Jagged Edge, ReMarqable Remix)


Wish we could relive that day!

No comments:

Post a Comment