Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Birthdays and MarioKart

It's been convenient that the pets' birthdays are lumped together in May. A week ago on May 20 we got celebrate Anana, but this one was more special. She was turning 13 and ever since last year, AJ and I said we were going to host a real party for her bark mitzvah since it was such a special age, but as we all know, coronavirus swooped in a shat over all our dreams. But we still gave her a bark mitzvah and she still had a great day with treats and walks and her usual steak birthday dinner! (Unclear if it was kosher but at least it wasn't pork).


Our little girl is all grown up!

Other ways I've been entertaining myself during quarantine has been a regular workout routine, which includes a half hour of morning yoga, taking Anana for a walk at lunch, and then a good 30-45 minutes on the treadmill in the evenings. But, it's important for everyone to exercise, so I tried to get Khaleesi in on it.





And then Kathleen showed me this Instagram filter for my Disney wedding. I must have done it dozens of times with results like Cruella DeVil with one of the dwarves, but this was my favorite, and the closest I got to any sense of normalcy!




 Then, this past weekend, I discovered the joys of online gaming. I can now play MarioKart with people from around the world and boy did it take it up a notch. It's way harder, and it's way more personal, but it makes the shit talk a lot more fun (not that anyone can hear me). But again - it's really hard! I was counting myself lucky to come in 5th or 6th place, and once I was on cloud nine when I finished in 3rd. But then, one very lucky game that even AJ witnessed, I actually managed to come in first place, and one of the joys of that was having my avatar wear the crown while we waited for the next game to start.


I haven't come in first place since then yet, so I'm still very excited about that win.

Last night AJ an I ventured to Turtle Rock with Anana. It's a small hiking hill behind an elementary school, and it was actually so delightful because of all the open field and grass, there were soooo many bunnies out, and even little baby bunnies, and ducks and birds, and I even saw a cute little rat scuttled out from the bushes and then rush back in. So that's the most exciting thing that's happened to me in awhile.

And that's about all from over here. Even though it's a short week, it still feels like it should be Thursday or Friday already. Hmph.

No comments:

Post a Comment