Monday, June 15, 2020

Lavender Fields Forever

This past weekend was nice - one day relaxing and doing nothing, and the other with a day trip out to Cherry Valley to visit the Highland Springs Ranch's Lavender Fields. They did a small opening with reservations needed, spaced out timing of guests and social distancing required. It was a long drive, but what the hell else are we doing? It's the only thing I've done since lockdown in March. Three months of this and all of spring cooped up indoors!

The fields definitely look bigger online in the pictures, but it was pretty, and nice to walk through, and they had music going and the essential oil distillery distilling so a nice scent in the air, and we got some nice photos.


Bump looks pretty prominent here



 





They had a lot of stuff for sale, but the kitchen was really cool. They had an entire menu (appetizers, entrees, alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks and desserts) that all prominently featured lavender. AJ got a lavender cream ale that I couldn't drink since it was alcoholic but he really liked it, and I had a lavender lemonade which was deeeelish. So, it was a fun little getaway, albeit pretty far. At least it was cheap.

Also, does anyone know what this tree is? It was at the lavender store and I thought it was really pretty. We're redoing our landscaping soon and I was thinking about getting a tree like this for it...



Then, Shannon and I were able to play Animal Crossing together and visit each other's islands. It was really cool because they're in local time, so going to her island it was nighttime and raining, but we came back to my sunny and clear island - it really was like we traveled. And oh my God, Shannon's island blew my mind - I have a long way to go! But, I made sure I was well prepared with a mask for when we visited each other LOL.



In a moment of boredom, I hit her with my axe so she pulled out her butterfly net and whacked me on the head with it, so we chased each other around the island hitting each other. I was crying I was laughing so hard. That's what quarantine has done to me I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment