Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Tom Petty & Las Vegas

The Las Vegas shooting almost isn't even shocking. These stupid things are happening every day and it'll just be a few days until the next one I suppose. It's so frustrating, especially given that we are more or less the only country where this happens regularly. Although it did hit a little close to home since I know some people who were there and I know people who know people who were killed. Can everyone stop with the shooting?!

And then there was the blow of Tom Petty. I LOVE TOM PETTY!!! He was really one of my favorites. I remember when I was on a roll of listening to all classic rock in high school and I heard Breakdown and didn't know who sang it at the time, so I called Mat and left an voicemail marked urgent asking him to please tell me who sang that song. I got on a Tom Petty kick.

I WAS EVEN LISTENING TO HIM THIS PAST WEEKEND. I'd also been on a kick of being obsessed with both Refugee and Here Comes My Girl.

I even got to see him in New York City at the Beacon Theatre. It was the only show I saw at the NYC Beacon Theatre.






Both of these tragedies have interrupted my usual morning radio programs, which has been so annoying. I hate that we have to keep breaking for tragedies!

Here's to better times ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment