Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Engagement ♥ Heart ♥ Bubbles

I cringe to be that girl, but then again I don't, because I really am so very happy and excited and it's a once in a lifetime experience, and I want to remember this fun stage of life and after everything I've done, it's not all that common to have such a new experience anymore!

It's so fun being engaged. I remember hearing once "it's like dating on steroids" and I'd say that's accurate. I do feel different. The night we got engaged I told AJ "I finally feel like an adult." It's felt like the most adult thing I've done and I guess I finally feel like I crossed that threshold.

I love my ring. Not only do I just love the style and what AJ picked out, but I love having an engagement ring. I love seeing it and watching it sparkle after I clean it and catching it's silhouette in everyday things like while I'm typing at the keyboard or driving in the car or cooking in the kitchen. I know it's so cheesy and ridiculous, but I've become so cynical in life, it's kinda fun to feel the simple joy in something.

Also, people have been wonderful to me and AJ. So many wishes and encouragement, and yesterday I came home to find a surprise delivery from Chrishon in DC...



an engagement wine glass and the Broke-Ass Bride's Wedding Guide! You have no idea how handy that book will be, I'm so excited. Has anyone looked at what a wedding costs these days? It's infuriatingly expensive, especially for such an artificial market. I'm not even convinced we're going to have a wedding still. Who can afford all that for one day?! But, ah well, what else is new?

No comments:

Post a Comment