Friday, September 1, 2017

Engaged in Central America ♥

The title says it all: I got engaged while in Belize! I know that this is going to be old news for everyone at this point, but can't leave it out of my trusty bloggity blog.

This is my first day back at work after our trip and on top of the whirlwind of getting home really late last night and just coming back into reality today, work was insane while I was away: out office got painted so things are everywhere, one my staff members had her last day while I was away so I have all of her projects, tons of documents everywhere waiting for me, and over 500 emails to wade through - so it's busy and I can only really tell the basics for now:

AJ and I had an amazing trip. We saw the entire country of Belize, from the south end beaches, to the inland jungles near Guatemala, to the northern islands and cayes in the Caribbean. We rented a Jeep Wrangler for some of the time, took cabs and boats for other parts. We stayed in fancy resorts and po-dunk hostels. We saw Mayan ruins and the second largest barrier reef in the world. We didn't suffer from any mishaps, misfortunes, or food poisoning (thank you Jeebus!) and each coincidentally sustained minor toe injuries at the same time so we were always on the same page lulz.

AJ proposed to me on our second full day in Belize, at night, on a dock under strung lights. I was completely surprised, knew nothing about my ring but am truly truly in LOVE with it!

Day on the beach, hours before being proposed to!

AJ proposed at night on the dock under the lights

Couldn't stop taking pictures of my ring everywhere

First "real" picture wearing my ring!

Our proposal spot in the morning

The view from the dock

"Thousand-foot falls" largest waterfall in Central America

Rio on Pools, natural waterslides on granite

Looking out our hostel room

Rio on Pools

From the top of the Mayan temple

West side of the Xunantunich Mayan temple

View from the Ambergris resort pool

Lounging

Notice the bird in flight?

Paddleboarding, my new favorite activity

On the way to snorkle Hol Chan and Shark Ray Alley

Nighttime on Ambergris Caye

A welcome note at home from our neighbors!

I guess I don't feel entirely back to reality since I can hardly believed that I am actually engaged - still feels so surreal! Til later...

No comments:

Post a Comment