Friday, November 21, 2014

Kitty Territory

Khaleesi has been very affectionate lately. I think being out of town for Portland, and then escaping for a night in San Diego, she gets lonely, and then overcompensates when I return. She has been very cuddly at night and sleeping on my chest, neck, or arm or just curling up close. Last night I woke up and she was right by my face and when I noticed that she was awake and grooming herself (so vain!) I pet her, and then she turned around and started grooming me. I actually love when cats lick my face, it's so strong, it feels like a facial or at least like I'm getting exfoliated.

I already know that cats licking you is a sign of companionship and territory and safety blah blah blah but I always love to look it up and reiterate it because I am a crazy cat lady who loves to know how much my cat loves me. So I was looking it up on a website and this picture came up as an example of how grooming each other is a social thing for cats.


WHY THIS PICTURE?! It is the epitome of DERP. It made me laugh. I wish these were my cats!

Just kidding, Khaleesi is the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment