Monday, December 1, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014

In a stark contrast to my Thanksgivings (and Thinsgivings and Friendsgivings) of as recent as 2012, spent trekking through snow or freezing winds to the East Side or Queens to be with Ronnie and Betsy, I spent this Thanksgiving with a combination of AC and windows down as I drove in the 90+ degree heat into Orange County with a bottle of red wine to celebrate with my Aunt and her family.

It was a wonderful Thanksgiving, with cousins, kids, significant others and friends around two tables with our delicious spread and fun conversation. We even finished off with birthday celebrations for 2 attendees and who would have thought that the birthday cake went faster than the pumpkin and apple pies??

We even did that "thankful game" that Uncle Steve supposedly hates but then was the first to pipe up that he wanted to go and said that he was thankful to have a woman that he could grow old and be happy with and I think I cried a little bit, it was just so sweet. Of all the marriages that I have seen or witnessed, this one ranks among the top 3 and is such a wonderful example of what it means for both the individual and the couple. (The second would be the parents of my best friend Alice, and the third is open for debate!) I love being able to be a part of their family and witness it!

I stayed late, drinking coffee and talking books with my aunt and Game of Thrones with Uncle Steve before I headed home to feed Khaleesi some leftover turkey and crash in my bed!

The rest of the weekend was spent at the downtown Festival of Lights lighting ceremony, cleaning, decorating for Christmas, then visiting Grandma on Sunday and polishing off an entire box of root beer creamsicle popsicles! Mmmmm.

Now, today is EXTRA hard after all that time off. Make it stop! (But I do love Christmastime!)

1 comment:

  1. We absolutely loved having you over! You are so much a part of our family!

    ReplyDelete