Wednesday, November 19, 2014

UCR Goes Global

This has been a really busy week for me, and I think it's better I didn't grasp the whole idea of it so I didn't have to dread it in the weeks leading up to it; it's just crazy now and I'm relieved we're about halfway through! It's International Education Week, which, as you can imagine, is a huge deal for us, and we've had lots of crazy events and shindigs going on, with our capstone event being today at UCR Goes Global.

We spent the better part of the day out at the bell tower in the center of campus, tabling and having a program for students to participate in where they work for swag and cupcakes. We always coordinate it with the Wednesday nooners, so it was incredibly lively with all the groups, student organizations and clubs out, and then music performances too. The staff and student helps at our table had a lot of fun, and I got Adrian to take this picture with me, which as it turns out, you get free stuff if you are wearing UCR gear on Wednesday and take the picture. I got a car decal and I convinced Adrian to get the foam finger, haha!


We were also having a lunch for international students and I ate with a girl from Saudi Arabia and a guy from Israel and we had a grand ol time, talking economics and midterms. Well, they talked about midterms and I felt sorry for them.

The day was beautiful, by the way, and even hot in the sun. We need more events like that, it was nice to get out of the office with everyone! Tomorrow is game night. If only Cards Against Humanity would be appropriate... but I'll settle for some really defensive Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment