Monday, August 25, 2014

Barbie Party

On Saturday I got an invite to a 3-year-old's birthday party. You might be thinking "well how fun could that be?" but I'll tell you, a Mexican 3-year-olds party is funner than yours. Pinatas, a DJ, dancing, a taco man, and my cousin Brianna's original homemade micheladas... recipe for success! It was Barbie-themed and they had made a Barbie box for a little photobooth and no one was climbing in... so me and my aunt christened it ourselves!


Then we all started jumping in! Here's me and Brianna on the right and her friend Tiffany on the left. Triplet Barbie!


In case you needed any more proof of just how darn classy I am, my newest favorite thing is shopping at Goodwill, thrift stores and antique stores. I would be at yard sales too if they were still around when I was waking up on the weekends, but they're usually cleared out of the good stuff by then. I'm not saying you won't find junk at Goodwill, but you can also find some AMAZING stuff and I love it! And considering I'm working on furnishing an entire one-bedroom, I loves it! So you'd think that since I found a drop-leaf kitchen table from an antique store plus decorative lighting, bathroom accessories and shoes yesterday, that that would be the major finds, but you would be wrong.

Visiting grandma yesterday, we discovered that we had the same shoe size, and then she disappeared into her bedroom and came out with a new pair of shoes that she had bought but found to be too uncomfortable, and gave them to me. And guess what? I love them! They're old people shoes, so I feel like I'm walking on air, and they're sandals around the toes with one strap around the ankle that is even velcro so I don't have to hassle with those annoying tiny buckles. That was the real score of the day! Del-Taco-Eatin'-Fashionista-At-Almost-97, that's my grandma! Stay tuned for pictures of those!

Oh and today my coworker brought me in her three-tiered cat tree! She had mentioned that her cat never uses it and brought it for me. So excited! I'm probably more excited about it than Khaleesi will be, now that I think of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment