Tuesday, August 12, 2014

BANGARANG

I am legitimately sad about Robin Williams. I know I'm not the only one, but it's still devastating. I mean, who didn't like Robin Williams? Was there ever any bad press? Did anyone ever say anything negative about him, ever? Aside from just being funny and entertaining, and loving him as the Genie, Peter Pan, and Mrs. Doubtfire (and thank God for that and inspiring Mrs. Featherbottom) I remember him really striking a chord with me in Dead Poet's Society. I was in middle school when I first watched it, and I remember being so surprised that he wasn't being funny... but he was still so inspiring and great, and I can remember even then thinking that he was such a good actor. He reminded me of my own very inspiring teacher, so I think I connected with that.

In high school a friend showed me Robin Williams' Live on Broadway DVD, and I went out and bought it myself after that, I loved it. And it's weird because I recently watched him in an episode of Louie, and I was just on his Wikipedia page last week (no joke!) and saw that he even went to college in Claremont, just 10 minutes away from Riverside, which only confirms his status in my eyes.

I really am sad. I am basically fully-functional, but I don't feel right laughing - I can't read The Onion or look at WhatShouldWeCallMe today. I think it's the suicide part that makes it unbearable. I wish he would have called me!

Bangarang, Peter!

No comments:

Post a Comment