Thursday, August 1, 2013

The Town of the Queen of Angels

Day 12 of my post-New York City captivity, and I'm sure all anyone can think is, what the hell is with that title?

I'll guesstimate that 98% of you that read this are all southern Californians and we can all call a spade a spade: Los Angeles is farrrrrrrr from paradise. Well, that's not a fair. It's a paradise of traffic and smog that somehow hails Kobe Bryant as king, but I suppose that's neither here nor there. The nature of the new blog is threefold:

1. For all intents and purposes, (and especially for the other 2% of my audience that come from around the rest of the United States and world) I basically am in LA. And currently, I'm thinking that maybe, I might be trying to make that my next step (remains to be seen) buuuut in case I do, that'll save a title change later.

2. "What you call it, it will become." My good friend Chrishon taught me this mantra about the power of positive thinking and mental evolution of how we perceive things around us. So, the more I consider LA a paradise, the more I expect it will become one to me. In short, desperate times call for desperate measures!

3. I fell in love with Lana del Rey after Palak sent me three of her songs (I think I had lost a bet or something and was forced to listen to them) and one of those was a song called "Radio". After making the decision to leave New York City, there were a few lines in that song that resonated with me, that I wanted to make my own:

I don't even notice how hard life was
I don't even think about it now because...
Now my life is sweet like cinnamon
Like a -- dream I'm living in

I don't even notice what life was like
Now I'm in LA and it's paradise

So that accounts for both the title and the blog address (sterlingsuite)... as in Sterling's suite but also sweet like cinnamon...!

In the meantime, I can't promise that there will be lots of updates right now, as my life isn't terribly update-able, buuuuut, feel free to check in and see what's going on with me, my job hunt, and life in the middle of the hard left turn I've made.

Which reminds me, I actually googled "what should I do with my life" and this website came up that told me what I should do and gave me links to help me get started! (Apologies for the profanity on their homepage) but, it told me that I should open a bakery, which I am not at all opposed to! So, if anyone wants to go in on that with me, let me know! We can even name it Sterling's Sweets, so that takes care of half the battle right there. Ciao bellas!

1 comment:

  1. Well, this is a good start. You don't remember, but, the smog used to be at least 20x worse than it is now, as near as 15 years ago.
    I, for one, am happy that you are close, but will miss our dinners and theater experiences in the city.
    Love you; Dad

    ReplyDelete