Tuesday, August 20, 2013

La La Land

I have to say that I've been finding myself very satisfied with being back in California. I mean, I really feel like I'm back where I belong. Maybe I'm just tired, or burnt out, I don't know, but there's really nothing appealing to me about the idea of living anywhere else right now: not Europe, not the East Coast, not even San Francisco. And it's not just because I'm familiar with this place, but I really feel like I'm back with my people. I know how to do it here. How to be in traffic and take the triple degree heat, how to go out jogging in hot nights, how to get to where I need to go, deal with all the peoples. I don't know, but I like it for now. I was out in LA this past weekend with friends from high school. I haven't even really explored the LA nightscene as much as other cities (especially NYC) but still I felt way more comfortable and at home.

Also, with all the driving and having to get gas, I go inside the stations a lot and have to wonder what it's going to take in this society for us to start selling vanilla Coke again. I still can't find it around here and it makes me very sad!

In other news, Khaleesi Del Taco is still pretty skiddish and scared, but she's doing much better! I don't know if she's just all frisky and growing up, but she's very much a biter and a scratcher, but she cuddles with me every night without fail.





My dad and Kathleen left today for England to visit Shannon, so I'll have eight days to myself. I wish I could have went but you know how it goes: when you have the money, you don't have the time, and when you have the time, you don't have the money!

Onward.

No comments:

Post a Comment