Monday, August 26, 2013

Kickstart This and Take My Name

Today was shockingly productive considering it was a Monday after a busy weekend. Aside from running, tanning, taking care of the animals and lawns and house while my dad and Kat are in England, I've been out and about working (can I still call it that if I don't get paid?), bringing my work home with me, and seeing friends and family.

On Saturday I worked for the Santa Monica Kickstarter's book launch in the Silver Lake district of LA. The best part was that they said that they have really enjoyed all of my help and contributions thus far and hope to be able to put me on staff. (Here's hoping!) They have a good gig going though, they're called theNewerYork and you can check them out here.


After that I went to downtown and met up with cousin Adam, Sammy, and Marcos. I knew Marcos from the UCSB days, but we hadn't really hung out properly before. That was alleviated because Adam and Sammy decided to turn in, but Marcos and I were still wide awake, so we turned right back around and went into Seven Grand and got some amazing Old Fashioneds and stayed til closing.




On a side note, two weekends ago in LA, I visited my high school friends the twins, and we went to a mashup club at the Echoplex, and I have to say that this Mashup event was killer! It was a club that played mashed-up music, like 80s, 90s and today, but all at the same time... I'm talking Robin Thicke's Blurred Lines over TLC and David Bowie over Kid Cudi. It was awesome! The next day we went to a rooftop bar in Venice Beach and downed guacamole and Michelada's. Not too shabby!


 



Today I began copyediting my first book for publication, and then had dinner with two great lady friends from college... Adara, my lil sis in the sorority, and her pledge sister Keid in the sorority, both of whom live in Pasadena now and are both equally awesome! They have vowed to take me out and about around Old Town Pasadena so looking forward to more adventures! Now if you'll excuse me, Khaleesi is attacking my bare feet and it hurts!

No comments:

Post a Comment