Wednesday, August 28, 2013

From The Main Man, Bill Murray

The other day at my internship, I had to do a little research, and somehow this included ending up on Entertainment Weekly's website. (It's a long story.) Well, we all know how the Internet works. There I am on their Book Reviews page and the next thing I know I am reading this article about Bill Murray, and of course I have to read all seven pages of it because it's Bill Murray and who doesn't like Bill Murray? (I mean honestly, that's not a rhetorical question, tell me anyone you know of that doesn't like Bill Murray because I doubt they exist.) In the end is a small interview with him (and this is from 2010) and this response from him blew my mind:

Life interferes, you know. When you're young and all you have is your career, some of your life can be in second place. And then you want your life to take first place, and other people don't see it that way. They see it that your life has to take second place, and it's hard. Life is really hard, and it's the only one you have. I mean, I like doing what I do, and I know I'm supposed to do it, but I don't have anything to bring to it if I don't live my life.

Is your mind blown or was it just mine? I loved the way he said "...I don't have anything to bring to [my career] if I don't live my life." I thought it was a good reminder of perspective, but maybe that's just me.

On a related note, I found my new favorite running song, which is John Lennon's "Oh Yoko!" it is such a cheery upbeat song with a good pace and rhythm. I was reminded of it when I caught Wes Anderson's Rushmore on cable, starring none other than Jason Schwartzmann and Bill Murray.

Aaaaaand another Groundling's class down and I have to say that I just love it. Love love love love love. It is super fun, and there is a lot of laughing. But, it is HARD. And very mentally challenging at this stage. And, I love it. It's my favorite thing about my new life in California, which may or may not be due to the fact that it bites my toes less than Khaleesi.

No comments:

Post a Comment