Monday, August 5, 2013

Khaleesi Del Taco

There's a new addition to the family here, and I'm happy to present my new kitty cat, Khaleesi Del Taco!

With Shannon taking Gryffindor to England, Kathleen's cat Zug Zug has been really lonely. Plus, for our family that is usually an orphanage of strays and never less than something like 4-5 animals at a time, it's felt very quiet in the house. So when my friend Marisa posted kittens she was looking for homes for, the timing felt right. Originally she told us there was a male and two females, so I said we would take the male (again our family has problems with ending up with litters and way too many animals), but after she took them to the vet, it turned out they were all females! So I had to scrap the list of boy names I had come up with (Lord Tyrion, Bruno, Aaron Samuels, Waldo and Quincy Jones topped the list) and had to think about girl names.

When I say that Kathleen and I came up with Khaleesi Del Taco, I mainly mean that Kathleen acquiesced that it was a good name. I had just won the Game of Roads from NYC to LA, so Khaleesi (ka-LEE-see) from Game of Thrones was just too perfect, but I still had a dream of naming a pet Blahna Del Taco, which is a nickname a blogger I read uses to refer to Lana Del Rey, whom I love. But I knew that would turn into just calling the cat "Blahna" or "Blah" or "Lana", and human names for animals is one of my biggest pet peeves! So Kathleen and I decided Khaleesi Del Taco was fitting. And here she is!




She got comfortable really quickly! I brought her into my room and she hid in the closet. I left her there for awhile before bringing her out and shutting the closet behind her. She stayed in a corner but would let me pet her. I stepped out for awhile and when I came back, she was on the bed. She let me sit on the bed with her and then even started cuddling up next to me and we fell asleep on the bed together.

This morning she's hiding under the dresser, probably because she's plotting her exit strategy and building her army, so I'm working on the same on my end. You've met your match, Khaleesi!

No comments:

Post a Comment