Saturday, August 17, 2013

I Like Riverside

I just wanted to say, that I really like Riverside. I had to go downtown yesterday to get fingerprinted for the County of Education, and had some time to spare before I needed to go to LA, and walked around the downtown. What with the Fox Theatre, Mission Inn, and arts museums it's doing well, and now there are so many restaurants, coffee shops, dance studios, barber shops, fountains, etc, it's really picking up steam! And all the raincrosses and mission dome architecture and palm trees and desert hills are such a nice background. I don't know what took me so long to see it.

I will say though, that it could use some sprucing up. Like, a lot of these businesses welcome walk-ins, but there's really not a lot of walking traffic. Put some apartments above the businesses and stop pretending like that many people go there and get rid of all that metered parking, and put in more bars. What does it take to be a city planner? I'm going to save this city yet.

Oh and after I was done in LA yesterday I went to Adam's in Beverly Hills and had dinner with him and Sammy and their friends and hung out, it was funnnn! It's nice to be back in the land of family.

No comments:

Post a Comment