Monday, December 5, 2022

Sad Tree Lighting

I'm trying to embrace our actual city and their events but it hard when my hometown does everything so much better. But for the second year in a row we went to the tree lighting ceremony at city hall and it was nice, it's funner now that Sophie is able to interact a little bit more.

Don't worry, this isn't the tree they
were lighting







We sat and watched a performance of very young kids (between 7-9 years old) perform on violins, and it was especially mesmerizing (even for us adults) because their bows were lit up neon colors and they incorporated them in the performance. It was really neat! Sophie was transfixed and we started wondering if we shouldn't get her a violin. I actually am not crazy about her playing a violin (ironic considering my obsession with them as a kid and my limited lessons) but if that's what she wants, I'll go with it. (Last night, Debbie told us Sophie was tapping along to the beat of a Cocomelon song and doing it correctly. Her paternal great-grandparents were professional musicians, so it's definitely in her blood, so I'm standing at the ready to get her started on something as soon as she's ready for it.)

Watching the violinists

We tried to do a Christmas event in Corona del Mar but it wasn't exactly what I had thought it would be, so we called an audible and went to Fashion Island instead.


This is a horrible photo that does no justice, but she sure looked cute running around with the beanie (willingly!) on her head.

No comments:

Post a Comment