Monday, December 19, 2022

Lessons in Baking: Chocolate Cinnamon Banana Bread

I'm a banana fiend over here, I like them in everything from themselves, to ice cream, to pie to smoothies, to even the banana runts. I often have way too many so I got to freezing them but I had too many stored up. I felt like baking on Friday, and couldn't find a recipe to suit, especially because the sweet breads I wanted to bake needed whole milk, and since Sophie turned 2 we went to stocking 2% instead, so I figured I'd just use up the frozen bananas and make banana bread.

When I got out the baking powder I saw my cocoa powder and I figured that'd be a good combination so why not? So I threw in like 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder just cause.


Butter was room temp but still hard
to break up so it was pretty lumpy

As I got to the end I was thinking about how well banana, chocolate and cinnamon all go together, so I thought I'd throw in some of the new cinnamon Aunt Judee gave me at Christmas. I was just trying to shake some in from the bag but whoops, a whole mountain fell out. I really thought, well this is ruined, but mixed it in anyway (it's all a learning process isn't it?)


That's the mountain LOL

Oh well. I thought maybe I put in too much of everything, but it all fit in the bread dish well enough...

Although banana bread usually calls for
walnuts, I like to put in raw pecans - both
because they're cheaper and I have them,
but also they're better for high blood pressure

And the finished product.

Good news is that is actually wasn't ruined! Definitely still edible and it's good, but not great. Shockingly I taste way more of the cocoa powder than the cinnamon. And there are moist parts, which perhaps are undercooked, perhaps are from butter lumps, but they're my favorite part because I'm the kind of person who can OD on cake batter, for better or worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment