Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Lessons in Baking: Mini Top Shelf Rolls

I still had pie crust and custard left over and I had the idea to try to make Em's Honey Custard Tarts as tiny, bite-sized pieces, both to use up the ingredients and also to just attempt those.

In short: turned out just fine.

What I've learned is to be more generous with the dough. I was worried in such a small area that too much dough would either not cook thoroughly enough, or fill too much of the space and not leave room for any of the filling. But, that wasn't the case and they got flake and hard to pull out of the dish without them crumbling.

Still, not too bad and the presentation was even a little nicer with the scalloped tops. I even tried some raspberry preserve filling for a few of them too.

Filling with pie beads before baking

Before going in the oven

Baked and completed

I still need to work on presentation but again, that's not really my focus lately. They turned out fine though.

No comments:

Post a Comment