Friday, October 21, 2022

Lessons in Baking: Banana Bread

So much wasted food with a toddler. Got to have all the favorites on hand and never know when one will get shunned unexpectedly. So that's how an entire bunch of bananas got way too soft for eating and I had to salvage them (and I already have way too many frozen in the freezer for smoothies) and I embarked on my first loaf of banana bread ever! (Even I can't believe that). I kept forgetting to take pictures but here you go...

I looked up a recipe and it was super simple. What I love is that I've been so into baking, that I have all the usual ingredients and then a lot. So I can look at the list and be like "yep - good to go" (so convenient!)

Super easy enough here



I would have chopped walnuts cause
isn't that the standard? But I only had
pecans but it turned out really nicely
in the bread!

In the pan

I'm actually not sure if the weird top
is from hitting the top of the oven (we
have a double convection so it was
squeezed in the lower half) or if it's from
the weird way I spread the batter in the pan,
as you can see from the previous

It turned out great! It probably could have cooked a little bit more but I was getting concerned because the edges were getting too dark, but it was still great. Even though it's sweet and a bit of a dessert, I let Sophie had some and we were met with her usual "mm a bite!" or "more!" immediately after shoveling a bite into her mouth.

Easy enough, and I feel much better about salvaging those bananas rather than relegating them to the trash.

No comments:

Post a Comment