Sunday, December 31, 2017

2017 in Review

I think 2017 was the fastest year of my life. I still remember ringing it in, in Alaska, like it was yesterday. Most of the recaps of 2017 are pretty grim, and I suppose overall in the world it wasn't very kind with all of the politics and disasters. But, I personally will remember 2017 as quite a wonderful year. Here some highlights from each month...

January: Welcomed the new year in Alaska with friends. Visited Sedona, Arizona for the first time, celebrating 2 years with AJ

February: I went to support AJ's sister at an event in LA that led to me pledging to "Commit to Something" that later became my website!

March: I celebrated 31 years at a party hosted by my friends, and then a weekend down in San Diego with other friends, we went to Phoenix to buy AJ's new car and check out some spring training games.

April: I welcomed my very first nephew into the world!

May: We celebrated Anana's 10th birthday.

June: I traveled to Portland, Oregon, to meet my biological paternal grandmother (and aunts and cousins) for the first time in my life.

July: We celebrated the 4th with backyard BBQs, poolside fun and explored LA together to hit some of my bucket-list locations.

August: A Vegas girls trip, a 2-week vacation to Belize, and an accepted marriage proposal!

September: Engagement celebration with our families, beginning tap classes for the first time in my life, and wedding planning commences!

October: Floor tickets to an Arcade Fire concert in Los Angeles, booking our wedding venue, and hosting a Halloween party.

November: Celebrating 100 years of my grandmother, launching my new website, seeing David Sedaris speak, and watching my best friend from high school get married.

December: Buying my wedding dress and spending a weekend with my best friend out from North Carolina!

Hope you all have a lovely New Year's Eve... I will be celebrating in Los Angeles and looking forward to a fabulous new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment