Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Christmas 2017

I can't believe Christmas has already come and gone! It's still somewhat the holidays I suppose, but the magic is goneeeeee womp womp! But, we had a lovely Christmas.

We did a sister Christmas at Heather's on Saturday the 23rd since she was going up north for the holiday. That meant time with Bobblehead Baby Luca and breakfast a la mom!



We also did our Secret Santa gift exchange and Shannon, who had me, went off script but for good reason! This fabulous towel from Ja'mie King (if you don't get it it's not meant for you) but it sure makes me happy!




Christmas Eve is Christmas for AJ's family and we went to his sisters place in Long Beach.A lot of AJ's family was involved with my main present, so there were a lot of eyes on me when I opened it up (awkward...!)







AJ was so excited to gift me a Nintendo Switch (hooks up to the TV AND is portable for my upcoming travels!) and his sister bought me the MarioKart game.

I suppose a little backstory would help, since you're probably confused since I'm not a 14 year old girl. AJ plays a lot of Madden and FIFA PlayStation games. You know, those boring sports games. I was always badgering him to buy games that we could play together, but whenever he presented me with PlayStation options I was so sad. I kept saying all I want to do is play MarioKart, and would beg him to get a Nintendo console and MarioKart so we could just play MarioKart together. So, wish came true this year!

We've been playing a lot of MarioKart. I wont the inaugural game woop woop! But AJ likes to take all these pictures of him always beating me ughhh laaaame. But I did finally best him in a tournament, but he still pointed out I wasn't number 1, only number 3 lololol.

I love Tanooki Mario!

I once came in 11th place (there are 12 players in a game) but I told him imagine if there were 100 players! 11th place would be really impressive!




We, as tradition, dressed up Anana who looks so pathetically sad, so we take it off right afterwards and no animals were harmed in the making of this (aside from their dignity...)

Then of course, traditional Christmas morning at Grandma's. It was a bit small this year, sadly, but some surprises, like Adam down from Portland! Aaaaaand I won LRC!!! I was overdue for a win...






AJ and I went home and were exhausted even though it was only 6:30??? So, we played MarioKart until I fell asleep lulzzzzz.

Since I'm off work, some friends and I went to visit our other friend who recently relocated to Los Angeles in the Silverlake district for the day, and she surprised us with a full spread of amazing Russian Jewish delights!



We had such a great time hanging out in her living room, watching My Best Friend's Wedding, 90s music videos and all the while eating bagels, matzoh ball soup, latkes, black and white cookies, some pink and white Russian marshmellow cookies, mimosas, and way too much chocolate.

It's been such a nice closing to 2017, but I have to savor these last few days alone since AJ's friend Dan is coming in from Denver on Friday through the New Year and I'm expecting them to take up the living room with their video games and beer... save me!

No comments:

Post a Comment