Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Disco Fever

I feel like I've gone through a lot of phases when it comes to music. I remember hearing MoTown as a kid, I went through Silver Screen fascinations with 40s-era Andrews Sisters-type music, I went through classic rock and oldies and an intense phase of 80s New Wave and grew up with grunge rock and kept up with the emo and indie rock of my own generation. But the one thing I never got into was Disco.

That time is now.

In middle school, the dance team of a had tape of Donna Summers that we would obsessively warm up to and use for like... everything. So I knew it. But this week, out of nowhere, I became obsessed with her again and getting into a very selective disco mix.

HEAVEN KNOWS from this album is my latest gem!

Like, this is actually all I want to listen to. Anything this purely disco.



This might complete my love of music through the 1900s.

No comments:

Post a Comment