Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Christmas 2016

Christmas has come and gone - I think December 26 must be the worst, most depressing day of the year ever! I'm always so sad when it's over! But I can't really complain because AJ and I had 3 days of celebrations, and I had even more time off than that. But our week was pretty packed otherwise too. Take for instance AJ leaving all his Christmas shopping to the last minute and us having to battle South Coast Plaza during the week. He let us stop into Tiffany's though. Look at their beautiful tree!



On the evening of Thursday, December 22 (which I had off - yay!) I went out to my mom's place with Kathleen and had Anana in tow. We dressed up in Kathleen's T-Rex costume and had a photoshoot with Anana.










On Friday, December 23 I went out and met AJ at his family's house to do Christmas with them, and even though I told AJ that I wanted to save all of my presents for Christmas morning, he still insisted on bringing one to his family's house and man was I glad he did - it was my dream! A mermaid tail blanket!




We had a steak dinner (ermergerd - so good) and eggnog and wine and chocolate and I had basically had to be rolled home. AJ brought Anana's present, a stuffed toy pink monkey, trying to recreate one of her favorite puppy toys, which was a pink chicken, and she sure did take to it! She didn't want to let it out of her site!





AJ's sister and I tried to get Anana and her sister together for a photo shoot, and what a circus that was! I saved some outtakes for proof.







We drove hom in the pouring rain, where AJ and I came home to find the power out on our block - wahhhh. But we had flashlights and just went to bed - right as the lights came back on. Ha.

On Saturday, December 24, AJ snuck out to buy more of my presents (mwa ha ha!) and we watched movies and made breakfast and took and a nap and then went to our traditional Christmas Eve dinner with my family - my aunt and uncle and cousins. So much fun! #bpgg



When we got home I made hot chocolate with peppermint schnapps, we put on Christmas movies and made a gingerbread house! I also proceeded to eat all the leftover icing and felt sick. Oops.




Christmas morning was amazing. AJ woke me up, and I made coffee and we had cinnamon rolls and opened up our presents, the best one being a PETCUBE!!!! It's a two-way, interactive video so we can check in on the pets while we're away! You can talk to them and there's a laser pointer you can use to interact with the cats with! Frickin' love. Here was a nightvision picture I took, and you can see Khaleesi asleep on the couch. That's about all she does all day, so you can open that picture whenever you want and feel like it's a livestream.



And I saved the present Jayna shipped me to open until Christmas - the Humans of New York book! #LOVELOVELOVE.



Then of course was Christmas at Mychele's, which was such a fun time - LRC, beer pong, food, family (including Uncle Bob and Aunt Carol), Uncle Carl's, the works! AJ said to me "This is way better than Leisure World" and I had to tell him "No one said Leisure World was better! We just don't want to make anyone have to host!" but it was really a fun time.





I'm trying not to be too sad about Christmas and just look forward to Alaska this week! I can hardly believe I'm going, I haven't had a free moment to spare to plan or get excited for it yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment