Wednesday, May 25, 2016

FRANCE

Of the million and five places that AJ went on those two weeks, it makes me sad to say that Paris was the saddest for us. It was essentially raining the entire time we were there, which got very annoying. We caught a few pockets of simple cloudy skies, but we were mostly rained out. I didn't much mind because I have been to Paris so many times (yes, I realize how snobby I sound) but it really did feel SO FAMILIAR (so eerie!) and all I wanted was to be back in the city, eat cafes with pain au chocolat and speak French, and really, I got my wish.

AJ's one wish was to see the Louvre, but our only day we were able to go was Tuesday... and that's the one day the museum is closed. Oops!

I spoke French EVERYWHERE, even when they spoke back to me in English, I didn't let up! It was amazing. And I even remembered things I forgot about... Naf Naf, the women's store! Monacos, the my favorite girlie beer! Gauloise Blondes, the French cigarette of choice! Canneles, the Bordelais pastry!

It was a dream. The food was AMAZING, and we had more than a few meals that were borderline sinful - filet mignons and creme brulees and charcuterie plates. My only regret was that we couldn't stay there longer.

One of the best parts was our hotel room - we called it the Quasimodo room. While we had views of both the Seine river and Notre Dame, we were literally in the attic and had a funny little attic space that, all in all, was quite charming.

View from window #1

View from window #2

This was our hotel - our room were the attic windows at the corner!

Yes the carpet was made to look like bricks





We explored everything we could for the time that we were there without stressing ourselves out, and when you eat as well as we did, no one's complaining.



Joan of Arc is my girl!!





MY MONACO!! AJ was too masculine to order one, but he would drink a lot of mine


The rain did this to my hair. Well, the Blue Lagoon and the rain 
We tried to hold out on the Eiffel Tower during the rain, praying it would clear up, but it never really did, so we ended up there at night in misty drizzle and dark. It was still magnificent, and it's always a joy to see it at night when it sparkles!! but we didn't get such great pictures of ourselves there, but oh wellsies.








We had a morning flight from Paris to Copenhagen, but we made sure to get up extra early in time for one last cafe and pain au chocolat before we left for the airport.


The above was our last shot in Paris before heading into the metro for the RER to the airport to our last stop of the trip...

No comments:

Post a Comment