Monday, May 23, 2016

Weekend of K's

Whyyyyy is the weekend overrrrrr?? It was too short. On Saturday, we were celebrating AJ's friend's birthday, and it was Korean BBQ, Karaoke, and since I was voted the MVP of Karaoke, it was also the weekend of Kristin!

We had soooo much fun, I don't think I've been karaoking since my days in Koreatown with Ronnie and Betsy, minus the quick appearance of mine and Jayna's duet in Raleigh last August!

Korean BBQ was delish, but everyone kept passing around shots of soju and honestly, I'm not that into it. I love to sip on sake, but soju is not my thing at all.


Towards the end of dinner I was getting very drunk and bored, so I ended up snapchatting filters, much to AJ's chagrin. It's funny cause the filters make him look like he's smiling, but he's actually annoyed behind that kitty face lolololol!




After that, we went to the karaoke place and we were there for hoursssss. I brought the house down with Nicki Minaj's Super Bass and then another standing ovation for 4 Non-Blonde's What's Up. No one got a video of me on the mic, but someone did take it upon themselves to video me singing along to an Eminem song, but the white girl doing vulgar rap isn't really a good look on me lololol.

AJ and I stayed with our Iceland friends, and we were all wrecks the next day. Somehow it always turns out like that when we stay with them, but no matter, we revived Monopoly and were beginning to pull out the board when someone noticed there is a Game of Thrones edition so Nykole ran out and bought it for us to play! I think my favorite memory was that, AJ and Nykole had given up because Jon was so far ahead with winning and I continued to play purely for spite. I landed on a property of Jon's and owed him $44 (excuse me, 44 Golden Dragons) and I literally had $43, so I had to mortgage a property for a one more Golden Dragon. Sooooo ridiculous. I think I gave up on the next turn when I owed him again.


We had a few hours before Game of Thrones was supposed to come on, so AJ napped and I was doing a workout in my pyjama pants and literally ripped them doing squats. Nykole was crying from laughing so hard and I thought it was hilarious and couldn't keep going.

After dinner over Game of Thrones, AJ and I went back to his place but I didn't feel like driving home. AJ had never seen The Princess Bride and it was on his Netflix so we put it on - he kept asking why it was so cheesy ha! Isn't that part of the point? I took a power nap, came home to Khaleesi, unpacked, read, fell asleep, and them woke up in the middle of a REM cycle today, so I am struggling. The good news is that I finally got AJ's pictures from Europe so the rest of the updates are forthcoming!

No comments:

Post a Comment