Sunday, January 12, 2014

Music For The New Year

Yesterday inbetween that crazy test and the drinks with my friend, I went to Orange County with my mom to visit my grandma. When we went in, she was just sitting in her rocker listening to music. Like really just sitting there, looking thoughtful and listening to the music. I saw a stack of CDs next to her and Maroon 5 was on the top. This is from a 96-year-old Michigan-born farm girl raised in the backwoods by Germans and spent her own life raising kids and grandkids and never has much to say. I said "Grandma, are you listening to Maroon 5?" and she says "Oh, I don't know. Which one is that? Is that the one with the M on it? M for Murder, that's what it always makes me think of." I don't know why but that took me off guard and cracked me up and I made her take a picture with what I call her favorite CD.


 Now that I know that she actively listens to music, I have vowed to make her a mix CD myself, and what better time to do that than now...


...now that the Coachella 2014 lineup has been released!! This year is incredible, I even told Tawny it's making last year look like a vagabond fair set up in a Kmart parking lot. On top of all the amazing acts I know (Arcade Fire was the dream! MY LOVE OUTKAST IS REUNITING! I literally never even dreamed of the day because I knew they were broken up! My guilty pleasure Lana Del Rey! My whole year love Kid Cudi!) there are so many amazing acts to brush up on and/or research. I call it my Coachella homework, and I love it, and now I can use it for grandma's mix CD too.


VIVE LE COACHELLA 2014!!

No comments:

Post a Comment