Monday, January 6, 2014

Back To The Grind

I love Christmastime and the holidays in general, so it's weird to not feel any sense of disappointment that they are over, and the white cups of Starbucks are bound to return... and yet I don't. I think The Flight of the Conchords said it best in their "Inner City Pressure" song when they sing "...when you're unemployed, there's no vacation." Even though I am actually employed, the long break got the best of me and I got sick of being around the house and operating on weird holiday hours and all the rest of it.

But now, now it is 2014. Schools are back in session as of today, my hiking partner and I committed ourselves to a few months of yoga once a week, my pursuit with The Groundlings is back, and the San Diego Chargers are advancing toward that big bowl win thingy, so I guess you could say things are getting pretty serious.


This is the year they got it! You heard it here first.

No comments:

Post a Comment