Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Janelle Monáe

Back in November, Rob, Raf, Pearo and I got tickets to see Janelle Monáe in San Diego, but she had to postpone that show (sadface), but true to her word, she rescheduled for last night and it was AWESOME. Her, her band, and the whole night.

I drove down to San Diego in the late afternoon, and we all had dinner together with some homemade wild rice with grapes, and lamb that Rob and Raf prepared. We got a ride to the venue and got there just as Janelle was coming on. The place was packed and everyone was stoked. This girl is incredible. Anyone following my story may remember I saw her for the first time at Coachella last year and her performance blew me away and was probably the most memorable of the weekend. A conceptual artist, an unrivaled performer, amazing dancer and an even better singer, with a rockin live band. Her ability to put on a show, get everyone feeling it and transform the place with energy is just incredible, and just listen to her music! It's so dancey and soulful and AMAZING to be at live! This girl is from Kansas and was discovered in Atlanta by OutKast's Big Boi, so you know she's worth a listen!

We had a fun time, came back to Rob's, and I spent the night, and this morning was the same pleasant pancakes and coffee and hanging out that I have become accustomed to and love at Hotel Rob!


The whole ordeal just got me so stoked for Coachella again. As if I needed it! But still. Her show was just so inspiring and fabulous, and all I could think was "I get to look forward to 3 whole days of this again soon!" I could just live at music festivals. Forever and ever. I never want to leave! Nothing feels better than music festivals! It made me realize that heaven is probably going to be a Coachella. Well, let me rephrase: there will be a Coachella festival in heaven... the rest of you who don't like that kinda thing can go play backgammon in Indio.

No comments:

Post a Comment