Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Hold Your Breath, Coachella 2014

My Groundlings castmates had been talking about this newest season of SNL and I was ashamed I hadn't watched any of it yet so I made it a point to check it out. This season has 6 (!!!) new cast members, which makes it a little hard to swallow, except that they had so many good sketches, and made fun of themselves for all the new additions, including the on the first episode, which featured musical guest Arcade Fire (notorious for their large group) and sketch of a game show called "New Cast Member or Arcade Fire?" I was laughing and texting Kathleen through the whole thing, it was tooooo good!

So I finally put their song Reflektor (which was sent to me weeks ago by a friend, oops) on a mix and got to listening to it and am just in loveeeee! I was driving home and singing it in my head, wishing it was on the radio, and then it came on! Coinkidink? I think not! I was speeding down the Riverside freeway in the early afternoon with the windows down, the sun setting and just thinking how truly fantabulous it would be if Arcade Fire headlined Coachella 2014. I mean, I had plans to headline it myself with my friend, but I'm thinking since we haven't rehearsed our Blahna Del Taco songs in awhile we might not be ready, and the next best thing will be to see Arcade Fire! Here's hoping.

Oh, and I am not picky about coffee AT ALL, but these pumpkin flavored anything from the gas stations are so awful, the last one I got tasted like sweet cigarette ash tray spice coffee. Beware. Leave the pumpkin to the professionals.

1 comment: