Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Back to Work

Today is my first day back to work (remotely) and so far it literally could not have gone better. Sophie ate early and then slept for awhile, so AJ and I had the easiest start to our morning. Feeding the pets, putting dishes away, making breakfast and coffee and getting settled into work completely at ease. My boss is great and allowing me this week to just catch up on emails and get settled in, so no meetings or commitments just yet, which is a huge relief.

Instead of being upset I can't focus 100% on Sophie anymore, I'm actually enjoying getting back into work, talking to coworkers I've missed and balancing work and watching her with AJ, and being very thankful that we're still working remote and can have her home with us for awhile instead of going to daycare. So, I'll try to remember this, especially during the days that it will inevitably be much more challenging! But, fingers crossed, we really have ended with the four-month sleep regression and are on the other side of it, like it seems. Very optimistic over here! And it doesn't hurt that I can turn around and this is my cute view:


In some very sad, sobering news, I found out this morning that one of our friends passed away last night. He has been battling leukemia since he was in college, and it was obvious that he wasn't doing that great lately, but it was still a little unexpected, and incredibly heartbreaking because he leaves behind two little girls, a 3 year old and a 5 month old. 

We will miss you Boss ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment