Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Happy Birthday Bug

Yesterday was my little Bug's 7th (49th?) birthday. She got lots of kitty treats throughout the day and seemed pretty happy and content as though she knew it was her special day. I probably should be celebrating her adoption day (August 4th) but whatever. I've been celebrating her on May 11th since I got her.

Super model documentary hour!




This morning we had a fun mini-crisis. I was getting ready and Khaleesi came in to drink from the toilet, which she never does, so that means her current water fountain is empty or gross. I found it gross, so I took it out to scrub it clean and refill with fresh water. I took it back to where it lives in our office against a wall beneath a window, and I push the curtain aside to lay it down and catch a glimpse of a very bright, very live reptile and, naturally and maturely, flip a shit.

I scared Anana off, AJ gets out of bed, and minutes later we're armed with brooms trying to figure out how to get the lizard out. We weren't being very successful and it kept getting under our couch, so we brought in the reinforcements... Khaleesi.

I gave her to AJ and got out of the room (my job was in the hallway, just outside the room to make sure it didn't go into our bedroom but instead broom-hockey it out towards the front door.

After a few minutes, AJ starts yelling and Khaleesi comes running out. I thought she was just leaving because she was uninterested in it, but then I saw it wriggling in her mouth and I screamed, and she dropped it and ran off, so AJ and I finished brooming it out the front door. Crisis averted.

I just want to say that, while I'm just as eager as everyone else for this quarantine to be done and this virus to be behind us, I feel very, very, very lucky to be in this home that we're in and to be with AJ. I'm hearing a lot of people being so frustrated and annoyed and going nuts being with their family 24/7, but AJ and I have really not had any issues and life has continued as normal and we've been continuing to live together really well. Of course, it's worth noting it's us two + two pets in a house where AJ can work alone in one room and me in another, and he also has his video games out in the garage LOL. Honestly, I know not everyone has this and I just feel very, very lucky that we do and I do NOT take it for granted!

No comments:

Post a Comment