Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Nate Bargatze

AJ and I had a really busy weekend last weekend. On Saturday night we got to see Nate Bargatze at the Irvine Improv with Pam, Doug and Fern. We went early to the Spectrum and did a happy hour at Yard House.

On Sunday morning we got to visit Alyse and Mike and meet new baby Oliver (not even 2 weeks yet!)

Right after that I surprised AJ with an Angels game, hosted by Marisa and Nate at Nate's company's Diamond Club table with free food and drinks too. It was a hot day, but a good game, and made a little more bittersweet after the news of Tyler Skaggs' passing on Monday. He wasn't pitching while we were there, but it was still the last game before it happened.

The best part of the weekend was Nate Bargatze. Pam has introduced all of us to him and told us about the event in Irvine. I bought the tickets on Easter when Pam mentioned it, and we all sprung for VIP. We literally sat against the stage. It was a little intimidating being that close! And then there was the meet & greet afterwards where we got a picture and Pam recorded a video of them saying "Anchor Down!" together in support of Vanderbilt.


I think his Netflix specials were better, but AJ thought this set we saw on Saturday was better than those. Either way, still good!

We got out early today (over an hour ago) but I'm so busy and still have so much going on, I won't be leaving early. But I'm off Friday too so whatevs - power through now and I can have KBBQ tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment