Wednesday, April 17, 2019

I Thought Last Coachella Was My Last Coachella

I'm getting too old for this, I really am. I thought the last one I went to in 2015 would be last one. But,  AJ's groomsman Jon is having a renewing year and wanted to try it out and AJ had never been so I thought, okay, I can do one more. I tried to push for Lake El Dorado glamping, but we ended up car camping.

For what it's worth, despite the lineup being absolute shit, there were still a few gems (Childish Gambino was EVERYTHING! Weezer! Wiz Khalifa! Kid Cudi! Chvrches!) and it actually wasn't as painful as I thought it would be, just being 4 years older now than I was the last time I couldn't hang, ha!

We all had to drive out there separately, but AJ and I both left midday Thursday and Jon came in late Thursday night. We met up with the #HumanCoachellapede group as usual and made out way in - 18 cars deep!

Get ready to drive out to Coachella!

The video that goes along with this is better LOL


Plant your flag!

This was me while camp was being set up. Don't worry, AJ yelled at me and made me help
set up the dumb tent. It had a functioning swinging door that looked like a Hobbit Hole though

Our neighbors had a van free for the art, so I showed some Riverside Pryde


One of our favorite #HumanCoachellapede games! Shots of Jameson with the GoPro
on the bottle


Here was Jon's. AJ doesn't do Jameson so he didn't partake. Wuss!

Wait for the full frame...

AJ judging me LOL

Kelley Sandwich!

Kacey Musgraves. Was a huge letdown

Made for some nice pictures though
I suck pretty bad at taking pictures, that's for sure. And, the pictures never do it justice how beautiful the desert is as night with all the colors and the palms and the art. But here were my shitty pics haha 

Spectra

Returned astronaut from 2014

La Grande Wheel

Colossal Cacti

I think these were representations of baobabs
but they looked like construction cones to me



Friday Night CHILDISH GAMBINO'S entrance!

Fireworks during his set, so sick

Me everynight (except Sunday - didn't care for
Ariana Grande at all)

Taking a pedicab in with our Australian friend Jeremy to
help spare Jon his knees

Chillin outside the Sahara tent during Wiz Khalifa's set

Construction cones by day

Inside the baobab

Paisleys (I think they were called Mismo)

Group shot of Week 17s!




Sunday astronaut


Holding the Coachella balloons


Cleaned up camp and before leaving - Week 17s did it!

Aaand that was a wrap. It wasn't as painful as I thought so I'm actually entertaining the idea of Coachella 2020. Gotta get this all in before I'm REALLY too old for it all. We'll see. All of our orders of business, after the usual Denny's breakfast on the way home, was beeline back to the house, shower, and put on Game of Thrones. Life was perfect that afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment