Monday, March 18, 2019

San Diego, Vegas Style

Since Vegas didn't materialize this year, but San Diego did, Pam did a really good job of making San Diego as Vegas-like as we could, at least for 24 hours. On Saturday, AJ and I drove down (so many butterflies!) and were welcomed with a few shotskis before we all headed down to Pacific Beach for burritos and watching the SDSU game (sadface). So you see, that's basically all we do in Vegas anyway and we made it happen.

Rob and Rafael met up with us and we all discovered Skrewball (which only pairs well with beer, mind you), a peanut butter whiskey that was quite delicious. (It resurfaced more times later that day).

We had power naps (or was that just me?) and then we went downtown to see Harland Williams stand-up. It was really good! (As were the openers!) Harland Williams was my favorite part of There's Something About Mary (the hitchhiker) and yes, I definitely told him.



The comedy show also included entrance to the big Sham Rock festival happening in Gaslamp, so we were around after the show too and ended up at Double Deuce, everyone telling everyone else to ride the mechanical bull (but no one would!). That was the most I had ever seen AJ actively dance, and of his own accord too!

When we got back to Pam and Doug's we ordered (I'm not kidding) $80 worth of Taco Bell and downed it over SNL and our newest favorite comedian Nate Bargatze (thanks Pam!) so after all that, the morning was pretty rough. It sure was a beautiful day though... La Posta on Rob & Raf's patio in their beautiful condo in Hillcrest, it was a nice recovery day!

We had to leave since Pam needed to go to a dinner and AJ and I had a painful, traffic-ridden ride home. I was exhausted (I still am) and the look of Anana here next to me on the couch that evening pretty much sums up what was me then... and now.


Here's to a better week ahead with more energy...?

No comments:

Post a Comment