Friday, March 15, 2019

33

I had an amazing birthday yesterday! And 33 is very special to me. Not only do I like numerical alliterations, but Bordeaux, France is sort of known by it's postcode 33, so it's a special number for the city, so I've always liked it.

Anyways, inbetween all the work trips, I've been very happy to be home and even more happy to get to celebrate my birthday with my husband! I had the best day, thanks to him.

On my idea, we both took the day off work to go to Disneyland together. We had morning shots and I cashed in on my Starbucks free birthday reward. Then we did Disneyland! I insisted on getting my birthday button so I got lots of attention (yay!) and a few front-row seats on rides too. We took care of a lot of rides we haven't done in forever (Peter Pan) and then one we had never done (Enchanted Tiki Room!) It was weird doing something I'd never done at Disneyland before, it's quite rare, but was fun.



AJ surprised me with this birthday donut!
Vomit @ the strawberries though
My mom and Jim were able to meet up with us and join in, including dinner at Cafe Orleans and my own birthday beignet! (SER. GERD.)





My mother-in-law gifted me a Disney gift card to go along with our trip to Disneyland, which went toward my Minnie ears (if you knew the agony of trying to choose the ears... zomg so bad. AJ would not have put up with that shit if it weren't my bday hahaha and I still just landed on the rose gold ones #basic) and by the end of the night I was insistent on (finally!) buying a Heihei! I am obsessed with this rooster from Moana, he makes everything amazing, so I got that courtesy of my Disney dollars too!




I also got a penny-pressed Moana, and AJ and I ended the night with Gibson girl ice cream (drool). I was hopped up on sugar, it was a rough morning having to get up and come into work today. At least it's Friday! And we're going to go celebrate my bday down in San Diego, the usual Plan B if Vegas doesn't pan out.

I still have so much to share from Myanmar, Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Vietnam. One of these days...

1 comment: