Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Raleigh + Queen Jessica

My work travels were supposed to be done with Japan in October, but when a conference appeared in Raleigh of all places, I couldn't say no! One of my favorite places ever, with my favorite person ever... Jayna! And I got to meet the newest addition as of August 14... Annika!

I just love Raleigh, and I loved being able to escape hot, dry California and trade it in for some cold, rainy weather in North Carolina. The conference was pretty great too, I really loved it, but of course my heart was taken with Jayna's little Mini Me!

Modeling our matching outfits

Thanks to Jayna's husband and dad, we also got some "us" time out and about in the city in the evenings, visiting some familiar haunts (Beasley's!) and new ones too (Capital Club mmm).

Leading the Princesses on Parade


"Y'all means all" (mic drop)
I actually couldn't believe it was only 4 days, it felt longer somehow. But, it was a good time. The way back was fraught with problems, however, since that cold front interfered with my incoming plane to leave Raleigh, and then getting into my layover in Chicago, so I ended up being rerouted entirely through Denver and a different airport in California. But, such is the life, and I made it in one piece.

The next night I went with friends up to Los Angeles to celebrate Jyessica's dirty 30th! She has the same birthday as Kathleen, good ol' November 22, which unfortunately this year is directly on Thanksgiving. So, we had a great celebration the weekend before. Selena, Kings Cup, bacon-wrapped hot dogs, giant Connect 4 and all at a fabulous house in Los Feliz.




And now it's nothing but full force ahead to the WEDDING!!!! HOLY MOLY!!! 17 days to go... feels more like 17 minutes with the amount of stuff I have to do before then, including... moving. Yes, we're moving and need to be out this month. 2018 has been the craziest, busiest, most insane year ever. I can't wait until the morning of December 8 when I put it all behind me and go into mental cruise control to get married to my man and then take off to our honeymoon and fully disconnect.

Deep breaths...!

No comments:

Post a Comment