Thursday, July 6, 2017

The Original Brexit Celebrated

It's July and it's most definitely summer! Normally it should be a bit more relaxing and chill but things are just as hectic as ever. But, it was helpful having some time off and lots of funtivities. Last Friday I actually had a half day for the doctors and got a chance to visit Luca, who looks like an evil scientist wringing his little hands...



I checked into the Petcube at some point too and saw this gem of Khaleesi relaxing on the couch...! On Saturday I got to go to breakfast and visit grandmama, who seems to be doing more or less pretty well!





Oh and this is how grandma exercises, I don't know why I thought it was so cute. After I took the video, I grabbed a laundry buggy and did my own exercises behind her lololol


I should also add that at breakfast, I asked grandma what she has learned in all of her 99 years of living and her responses was "Oh you know, just stay quiet" lololol that's my grandma!


On Sunday AJ and I went to his dad's house, and then to our friends' place for dinner and Jeopardy (for some reason we all really like Jeopardy). I drank a lotttt of wine since Monday was going to be dumb with like no one working, and then Monday night we went to a friends place to do some real 4th of July warmup celebrations with BBQ, beer pong, baseball, cornhole, and fireworks!




I got really comfortable with Scout, who
wasn't entirely thrilled about the fireworks







And I know that no one likes shitty fireworks videos, but these are in slowmo so I thought it was pretty sweet.



We went pretty crazy, and by 'we' I mean them lololol and AJ who seemed to be playing nonstop baseball and beer pong ALL. NIGHT. LONG. But the 4th itself was fabulous. We slept in, AJ went and got McDonalds for his hangover (so I got a hashbrown too mmm) and we chilled on the couch with coffee and watched Moana. If there's one thing I really love about AJ, it's his sincere love of Disney movies. Like, really. After Moana he downloaded Frozen because he had never seen it before (and we're planning to watch it tonight!) even though I said it was "eh" because he hadn't seen it and insisted he has to see every major Disney movie.

When Moana was over we put on music and cracked open some beers and got ready for the day, where we were going to be poolside all day with our friends. They live in an HOA with a great huge pool area including a lot of grass and fields, so we set up cornhole and played endless games in the grass - seriously we had beach balls, bouncy balls, football, soccer balls, volleyballs, smashball, whiffle ball and had a blast having every ball going at the same time. We lounged and drank and I fell asleep in a pool chair. It was a pretty perfect day, although I may argue that mine was the most perfect because I took Wednesday off so I wasn't feeling the dreaded work day creeping in but instead knew I had another day to lounge!






Back home, fireworks were going off everywhere all around us. We would stand outside in the street and there were fireworks every which way, in the sky, on the street, people throwing them from balconies. It was pretty cool. Anana is fine with them and Khaleesi mostly is too, but I think they got to be too much in the end because she ended up under the bed in the bedroom, but all's well.

Anana's not a cuddler so her laying on my
leg was super exciting


On Wednesday I slept in, watched The Office, did some consult work, read, and then Anana and I took a walk to go get my eyebrows done and then to Petsmart to pick up some cat food. It's always very offensive when the cashier's don't offer Anana a treat when they have the bowl of them right there on their till... ugh. Whatevs! AJ plays beach flag football with our  neighbors on Wednesdays so me and Anana went with him to check it out. It was a beautiful day and nice evening and I managed to get a slowmo of AJ catching a football and running in a touchdown, even if it wasn't the most exciting.










The summer feels like it's already flying by even though it barely started!

No comments:

Post a Comment