Monday, July 31, 2017

LA Day

AJ and I planned an LA day, and by that I mean I told him to set aside Saturday so that we could go to LA and do a bunch of things I've wanted to do. The main thing that prompted it was that I wanted to go to the Brickyard Pub in North Hollywood to get Yuengling beer, apparently they're the only place that sells it in LA (and entirely west of the Mississippi as far as I can tell) but turns out they don't even sell it anymore! So crushing... but at least we found out before we drove up there!

We dropped Anana off with his mom and then headed up to visit The Last Bookstore in downtown Los Angeles. Downtown Los Angeles was nasty. Every corner smelled like urine and there were tons of dogs. I still don't understand why people like Los Angeles but whatever I guess.

The Last Bookstore was a little underwhelming, but still pretty cool to see. I had seen some of it from friends' pictures before and really wanted to visit, but aside from the few cool displays, it was still just a bookstore with a few cool flares, and it did have an art gallery upstairs which was neat too.








We went to a nearby bar afterwards for beer and to watch some of the Barcelona/Madrid soccer game being shown and made friends with our Colombian bartender. Then, we headed to West Hollywood for sushi before we went to a Groundlings show. It was so much fun! I haven't been to the Groundlings in too long, although the show we went to was mostly scripted and not much improv, so I was a little sad about that, but it was still fun.

After that, we did a drive by of the LACMA and did a little walk around and a quick photo shoot before heading back.





We had to stop by AJ's mom's to pick up Anana, but in the end we just crashed at her place cause why not? In the morning, AJ's mom was on the ground playing with dog Pippa, which made Anana jealous, so Anana kept fighting for her attention and trying to hold her hand hahaha so sweet! Even though it was because she was jealous...



Originally we had planned to go that evening to a friends' house to watch Game of Thrones but we ended up being too tired from it all to do that, so I took a picture of us watching Game of Thrones to text to our friends so we could feel like we were all doing it together!


And I finally took a video of Anana eating mini carrots, one of her favorite snacks. I love watching her eat and hearing her little crunches!



Okay, off to a lunchtime yoga class in the park at work now...

No comments:

Post a Comment