Monday, November 28, 2016

The Long Weekend

I had a long weekend, that at times felt very long, and other times just felt like a normal 2-day weekend that was going too fast. Between Thanksgiving preparations, Thanksgiving, decorating for Christmas, baking cinnamon ornaments, seeing friends, and working on some grad school stuff, it was a more or less productive weekend. (Don't get me started on the soul-sucking experience of the Gilmore Girls Revival).

On Friday we learned of the passing of Uncle Carl, the jolly soul who brought Uncle Carl drinks into our lives and holidays every year. And 2016 has been a year. AJ lost his stepfather in June, then his grandfather a few weeks ago, and we just lost Uncle Carl on Friday. We decided to take some peaceful time away and we went walking around a nearby lake with Anana and fed the ducks and geese.





When we were going through photos later, AJ showed me this gem he had taken weeks ago. Sometimes, when I'm ready to sleep, the light is on and I'm too tired to get up to turn it off, so I just keep an eyemask on in my nightstand that I'll put on instead. And how much do you love Khaleesi's foot in my face?

Usually Sundays are spent with AJ's friends watching football, but the crazy weather and rain made it all weird and no one wanted to leave their houses. AJ is generally up and at 'em before 9am, ready to get to where he needs to go for the 10am kickoffs. I woke up and it was past 10 and he was still sleeping, so I woke him up to let him know. I went to the bathroom and when I came out again, he had pulled football up on his phone but fell asleep again with it on! (Don't tell him I posted this).



Sunday was spent around the house, although I did take Anana for an adventure, and we walked to Trader Joe's where I picked up vegetables to make bone broth soup. However, I was then craving soup (which needs to slow cook for 10 hours) so I also bought stuff to make tortilla soup. AJ and I cut vegetables together and made the soup while he download The Mighty Ducks at my request, and then we ate soup inside on a rainy day and watched that good ol' 90s classic. I didn't end up falling asleep until almost 1am, so I am operating on low fumes today...

No comments:

Post a Comment