Sunday, November 27, 2016

Thanksgiving 2016

Thanksgiving, which normally passes quietly for me, was exhausting this year. AJ and I hosted it at our place, and in anticipation for this, I even took off Wednesday from work to make sure that I could clean and prepare for everyone. I ended up having to run a ton of shopping errands in-between, and because Anana waited so patiently and well in the car while I did that, I also took her to the dog park, only to find out they are closed on Wednesdays, so I took her for a long walk around the nearby park.

On Thursday, I was tired and my arms and fingertips hurt from all the deep cleaning! But, Thanksgiving was nice, and I was very happy for the warm weather since we were eating outside.





It was a very nice evening with wine overflowing and football on the whole time, and we somehow ended up with tons of food and wine, like probably more than we started with. (How does that happen??) After absolutely everything else was clean, our butchered bird was left out on the counter since we were exhausted and still wanted a chance to dig out the wishbone, but by Friday morning, we learned that Anana had other plans and somehow got that thing down and annihilated it on the kitchen floor. Oops!

No pictures from anyone that I'm aware of, but it was nice to have everyone who came! I think I'm done hosting for another few years...

No comments:

Post a Comment