Monday, October 17, 2016

Weekend Warrior

What a weekend this was. It was filled to the brim with craziness, and none of it was the same kind of craziness!

On Friday night, AJ and I met up with some friends to try out an Escape Room! It was most of our first times. First we went to a friend's house for pre-drinks. Then we went to the Escape Room. It was titled "Murder Mansion" so I was scared (I couldn't even go to Knott's Scary Farm!) but it wasn't bad at all, and it was just a really fun 1800s Victorian room. We had a lot of fun and we escaped with a minute to spare!


Since this is the group that will be in Alaska for New Year's Eve, I started saying I would design an escape room for us to partake in our house there. So everyone needs to pack a bunch of locks, and I will even bring Khaleesi, and one of the clues will be on her neck around her collar and you'll have to catch her to get the clue aka impossible!

After that, we went back to the friends house for dinner and drinks and Catchphrase and Dave Chappelle Show, and AJ and I didn't get home until past 3am! That's especially why I didn't make it to workout on Saturday morning. Oh wellsies.

We were slow moving on Saturday, but we were able to get ourselves up enough to make it to the dog beach like we had been planning! It was so lovely because there weren't many people there, and yet the day was very hot and I went in the water. It's hard to go in the water with Anana around because she gets so scared for you and tries to save you, but she doesn't like the water either, so it's a very stressful situation for all involved haha!











She's sticking her tongue out at you hahaha

Afterwards, I went to run a bunch of errands (hello, fabulous eyebrows!) and came back, made dinner, and AJ and I watched Hocus Pocus! Yeeeeeah boy! Best. Halloween. Movie. Ever. I wish I had thought about finding those houses and scenes they show when Chrishon and I visited Salem, Massachusetts in 2012.

On Sunday, I set an alarm to go workout, but couldn't bring myself to do that in any capacity. So, while people started showing up to watch football, I got ready, and took Anana out for a run to the Talbert Regional Park along the river. It was pretty secluded and nice, and view of the beach occasionally.



When I got back, more people were over, more alcohol was involved, and the rest of the evening turned into shots-taking, mimosas-drinking, rib-eating football-watching, cornhole in the backyard-playing, and then endless more Catchphrase. AJ and I crashed in the living room at like 7p, and then I woke up around 9, inbetween drunk and hungover, and our place was destroyedddddd so I moved slowly, drinking water, taking meds, washing dishes, cleaning up and texting with my friendy Becca, and by the time AJ woke up around 10:30p, it was a beautiful clean and fresh apartment again with candles lit like nothing had ever happened.

Today it is raining. It never rains in California but when it does, it always seems to be on a Monday, and I remember this, because I always think about that Carpenters song, Rainy Days and Mondays and how we always get both at once!

No comments:

Post a Comment