Tuesday, October 4, 2016

End of the Wedding Era

The past two years of my life have felt like nonstop weddings every weekend, which was usually exhausting because they also come with bridal showers, bachelor and bachelorette parties, and buying dresses and jewelry and shoes. So I was relieved for our last foreseeable wedding this past Saturday, October 1. But then... it was so fun, and I was so sad to think that wedding season was over!

It started on the Friday previous, September 30, for welcome drinks on a rooftop in Laguna. It was fun and delicious (read: Moscow Mules).

AJ and his BFF

Me trying to be cuter than AJ's BFF haha

We went to BJ's and bar hopping, but a lot of us turned in early in order to preserve our energy for the next night.

On Saturday, AJ was in the wedding, so his BFF who is also in the wedding, came over with his wife, so that he and AJ could go together, and me and the wife, Megan, met up with 2 other girls at the MAC counter to get our makeup did, then Megan and I got Del Taco (mmmm), watched How To Lose A Guy in 10 Days, got ready, and drove down PCH to the beautiful venue in Laguna Canyon.


The wedding was beautiful, and a tear-jerker. There was also champagne prior to the ceremony, a cocktail hour after the ceremony, an open bar at the reception (TABLE 9!!!) and an after party in downtown Laguna.

















If you read all of that and thought "how did she do it??" I have news for you - I definitely didn't. I mean, I went to all that stuff, but Sunday was rrrrrrrrrrrrough. I mean ROUGH. AJ and I were incapacitated for all of Sunday. Ordered in breakfast, could only take 1 bite at a time, could barely move, and took a lot of naps. At least we had all these fun pictures in the morning that we totally forgot about to remind us of the great time we had!



70 likes!! My most liked picture ever!! Thank you! You like me! You really like me!

I was supposed to go see my cousin's brand new baby that morning, but as you can see, I was moving quite slow, so I didn't make it out there til the evening. Which is just as well, because it gets too hot inland! It was so great to see my cousin and the baby is a tiny little baby doll!!



It was a good weekend (well, after I recovered on Sunday anyway) and a great way to end wedding season for the foreseeable future! Oh! And AJ won the pickems this week thanks to that Viking win! We're on a roll! I'm now The Falcon and he is The Viking.

No comments:

Post a Comment