Monday, March 30, 2015

Yardwork + Bridal Shower

This past weekend, I had Friday off of work for Cesar Chavez day... woohoo! That was a fabulous day spent TCOB'ing. I had a hair appointment with my old neighbor in downtown Riverside. I slept in and walked down the breezeway, got my hurrs did, enjoyed the weather, walked home, did some shopping, played with the Khaleesi, and had two volleyball games that night.

On Saturday morning I went down to San Diego, meeting up at the Gale's to hang out with Priya, only to find a small crowd of peoples helping Jack and Debs with the yardwork in the back. I wasn't exactly dressed for the occasion, so I "helped" by sifting rocks, getting beers, and telling jokes. By evening, we all had a nice dinner together, Debbie made Irish tickler drinks, we watched Kentucky barely edge out Notre Dame in March Madness, and put on Rocky, which neither me nor Priya had ever seen. We all spent the night there, had breakfast and coffee out back by the pool, then headed back to Pam's, where I caught up on Girls (all minus the season finale) and then went to Becca's bridal shower!

Becca was the first person I ever met in the dorms. She lived across the hall from me but she came and introduced herself to me once I was in my room. She and I have been friends ever since, and then we were roommates senior year of college and had a grand ol time, keeping in touch ever since. And now she's getting marrieddddd!





It was a nice day for a bridal shower and I even won one of the games woop woop! I drove home up the 5 to stop off in Irvine for a sushi dinner and smoothie dessert and finish watching Girls (ha!) and now back to Monday. Gosh this year is just so darn busy I feel like I have a million things to do. Baseball season is starting, (I'm not acknowledging March Madness anymore... my bracket was blown out of the water haha) Coachella is around the corner, and summertime is pretty much already here anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment