Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Seven Devils

I am running out of ways to title these posts. I literally just copied down the title of the song that is on right now.

Here's what you've been missing out on in my life:

Neighbor Dave decided to beat the triple-digit heat wave by checking into the Mission Inn for a few days, and invited the neighbors out for drinks and night swimming




We celebrated Aunt Jann and Aunt JoAnn's birthdays at an Elvis brunch in Orange County, where Sebastian was absolutely mesmerized.



Grandma is going to start reviewing all the chile rellenos she eats everywhere. The grade on this one was "just okay". Watch out, Zagat's. There's a new reviewer in town.



My mother and I went to grandma's afterwards and I fell right asleep on the couch. (Morning mimosas tend to do that). I woke up to a text reading "while you were sleeping" with this picture attached. They wanted me to believe it was something delicious.


Work was crazy last week with the new student orientation. Four days of presentations... but also fun! Our fabulous and adorable peer group in blue, the international students, and mascot Scotty!












I celebrated the end of orientation week with a Friday night concert in Hollywood... Chvrches! It was such a great show, I had a wonderful time, and even made some friends. They were SUCH good performers, there was great energy, and all the effects were magnificent.



The weekend was spent recovering, which was easy because the weather was beautiful. Breakfast on the porch complete with Cackalacky sauce from North Carolina (courtesy Jayna), hummingbird visitors, watching Khaleesi make friends across the way, and even walked down to the library to get a library card, as well as check out the local history section that Dave had told me about.






Just trying to make it through these very busy weeks ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment