Friday, September 12, 2014

Dave's Neighborhood

I've slowly been getting to know my neighbors more and more, and can I just say that Dave, who lives in the apartment next to me, is the best? He is so friendly and nice and seems to know everything about Riverside, and everyone in Riverside, and is just great. I told Jayna that it's Dave's neighborhood and the rest of us are just living in it.

So Thursdays are usually Yoga Thursdays, and it was Marisa's turn to drive and we were going to go to the later class, so I went home first, played with Khaleesi, changed, and was doing some things around the house when Marisa texted me that she got a flat tire and wasn't going to be able to make it. The weather was perfect so I went outside and was wondering if I still wanted to go to yoga myself when one of the neighbors came out and started talking to me, and then offered me a beer. And that became my night.

Shortly after that, Dave came out, as did other neighbors from next door, and we were hanging out on the porch, talking and drinking, and Khaleesi stood at my screen meowing so I eventually let her out and we all watched her running around the front yard chasing crickets and exploring, and then Dave went to the store and came back with a smoothie for me, totally unprovoked (he's so nice!) and then made everyone pizza and brought out more beers and it was just a nice little neighbor nighttime front porch funtivity.

No comments:

Post a Comment