Thursday, September 4, 2014

Come And Knock On My Door

But actually, please don't do that in the middle of the night, or without a housewarming gift, like wine or ice cream.

So I finally gots my own place, and what I really mean by that, is that Khaleesi has found her kingdom and I'm paying the bills.

Since I had zero furniture, it's going to be awhile before I accumulate more, so it's pretty sparse and bare right now. Normally my favorite part is putting up the pictures and all, but without all my furniture and knowing where everything will go and how it will be set up, I'm a little behind on all that. I'm very excited for my charming historic one-bedroom, circa 1903. I was always sad to leave my Sunnyside apartment in Queens because of the 1930's charm, but I found it again! The wood paneling and heavy old doors with original keyholes, plus a big front porch with plenty of room for chairs and a table. Plus I'm walking distance to all that is good and love the community down here. If you want to know how much charm the apartment has, I'll tell you: there are basically no cabinets or counters, only one big massive pantry.


Oh, and also a Roman tub still

A sun room or patio that became enclosed and is now my wash room


Can you find the Khaleesi?
Walk-in closet!
Kitchen
Living room
Khaleesi really likes the long layout of the apartment, because I can throw a rubber band from the kitchen, through all the doors into the living room, and she goes slipping and sliding and crashing into the walls in her pursuit to catch it. Sometimes she gets so excited that she can't even run right and is running in place on the wood like a cartoon kitty. There are a lot of crickets in the backyard though, so her job is to eat them all before they come inside. She's gunna have to earn her keep!

2 comments:

  1. Your place looks awesome! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Rob! Can't wait to have you all over!

      Delete