Monday, June 2, 2014

May Flowers... in June

I was working late on Friday, which turned out to be great, because my mom was on the campus with Kathleen taking some graduation pictures and I went to join... aka to help pose them, give them hip non-parental advice for pictures, and then star in a few of my own. I mean, why not?

Staging

Giving directions

My own ideas

Props

The Grad and The Fab





Kathleen was talking about how to decorate her graduation hat. I cracked myself up when I suggested that she write "I'd rather be graduating from Harvard" hahaha.

After the pictures, I went out to visit my friend who was bartending at her work. We had a drink and she told me about how her family was having a gigantic yard sale the next morning to raise funds for her mom to get a diabetic alert dog and told me I should swing by. So I did, I was over there at 7am the next morning and ended up staying almost all day. The sale was huge, they had announced it asking for people to donate things for them to sell and it was massive. Some people would even just give extra money when they saw it was to raise money for a dog. All of us who were helping out kept finding things we liked ourselves and getting huge piles of our stuff. When I took on two small garden boxes, I became inspired to try a hand at some gardening and planting. By 3p when I was leaving (sunburnt and sore) I went to Home Depot and picked up potting soil, plants, seeds, flowers, another big and cute gardening box with a chalkboard on the outside, and then the 99 cent store to pick up a can to make a pot like I had seen at the Quatro de Mayo bridal shower.

In the end I have one box of already-bloomed flowers, one box of planted California poppies and cosmos, one box of planted beefsteak tomatoes and green onions, sweet basil and cilantro, one small inside-greenhouse of tomatoes, one small inside-greenhouse of green onions, and one small indoor cactus with flowers whose names I forget.


You are all welcome to start making bets on how long I can keep these all alive for. I'll be sure to update you on their slow and inevitable deaths by me...

No comments:

Post a Comment